Madonna and Child

Giovanni Bellini
1487

In the seventeenth century, this belonged to the convent church of Santa Maria della Pace in Alzano Lombardo, in the province of Bergamo. At the beginning of the nineteenth century, with the abolition of religious orders carried out under Napoleon, the panel ended up on the antiquities market and in 1872 arrived in the hands of the art historian and collector Giovanni Morelli, who, upon his death, left it to the Accademia Carrara.

Map

en_GBEnglish (UK)
it_ITItaliano en_GBEnglish (UK)